Tensiometers from DataPhysics Instruments are multi-functional force-based instrument used for
the determination of various surface and interfacial properties such as surface tensions, interfacial
tension, critical micelle formation concentration (CMC), adhesion or surface pressure.
The main applications are as following:
• surface tension and interfacial tension measurements by using standardised test devices. The common
devices are such as Du Noüy rings and Wilhelmy plates.
• dynamic contact angle measurements on solids, fibers, and powders
• determination of density for liquids and solids
• determination of the critical micelle concentration (CMC)
• surface pressure analysis with a Langmuir Trough
• measurement of force of adhesion.